Saturday, November 13, 2010

30 Day Giving Challenge - Day 11 and 12

Pin It

Day eleven of the 30 day giving challenge was quite a task for me. I knew the Lord wanted me to do it and eventually I obeyed. Some personal relationships have been stressed for awhile now. Mounting tensions broke into a full fledged fight over Facebook. Of course when you communicate via the written word not everything gets said and often what is said is misinterpreted. I knew we were all headed down the proverbial rabbit hole. The Lord was yelling at me to stop typing and start calling. So finally on day eleven I obeyed and picked up the phone. A very tearful conversation later I had taken the first step. I knew some things had to change. I had to stop being passive and start leading, so I did. I set in motion some more events on day twelve and here I am on day thirteen with a smile on my face. When we obey we are rewarded. Things are on the mend and everyone is enjoying the holidays again. Praise God! My giving on day eleven was reconciliation.

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:32 ESV

Shew, a hard gift to give buy the rewards abound!

Day twelve was much easier. I snuck up to my parents house and put some chocolates on their table. They live next door so it's not a stretch to sneak into their house, lol. Mom called a bit later and was pretty psyched about her chocolate Santa's. Later in the evening we took them out to dinner. It was really nice. Even though we live next to each other they are great about respecting our privacy. It is nice to spend time with them and they LOVE spending time with Little Bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment