Monday, October 4, 2010

Chores

Pin It

Mom and Dad have started taking Little Bit out every Monday and/or Tuesday to go shopping. That leaves me with a whole day to myself. It is so nice to have a day to myself. I know I should be doing chores. The laundry needs to be done, the bedroom is a wreck, and there is a list a mile long of what I SHOULD be doing.

What am I really doing? Well I did the dishes, I had the plumber over to look at the leaky sink, and I threw some laundry unto the bed. Currently I am sitting here watching Fringe. It seems I have run out of motivation. A nap and some television sounds like a much better plan.

The question now becomes do I take a rest or blaze forward with my to-do list. Free time is such a precious commodity. How do you stay motivated when free time presents itself or do you give in and take that time for yourself?

2 comments:

  1. Mondays are my 'me' day. I get up early and before my feet hit the floor, I am praying, then while my tea kettle is warming up, I do my daily prayer requests, prayers and studies. A nice hot cup of coffee and I start my chores left over if any from the week-end. Today it was change the sheets in my room, clean my bathroom, catch up with laundry, load and unload dishwasher, sweep and mop and by then it was 10:30..woo hoo...from 10:30 until 2:45, I quilted. Picked the kids up came home began homework, dinner and then off to my TOPS meeting. I simply must have things in order before I can relax. So, I make a list the night before and good old sticktoitness keeps me focused! Then again, I never have been one for a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so on top of everything! I do love your morning routine. I may have to steal, er I mean borrow it from you. I am a list gal as well although I don't always stick to it. Turns out I have been super tired for a reason. I wrote a big ole post about it but here is the jist. I have diverticulitis, restless leg syndrome, and a mass in my abdomen (that is most likely scar tissue but we have to run some tests to be sure). Now I can be fixed and my chore list wont stand a chance!

    ReplyDelete