Sunday, December 11, 2011

Disney Champions for Kids #CBias #DisneyCFK

Pin It
I am blessed to be the coordinator for the Angel Tree ministry this year. I was on the last leg of the journey about a week ago. I had made sure every one of our Angels had someone to deliver their gifts. Hubs, Little Bit, and I paired with another family to deliver to a girl I will call “Special Girl.” 

I had finished up shopping for Special Girl on Friday at Walmart. Check out my shopping trip on Google + here. Another wonderful family from Church went in with us to buy gifts for Special Girl This morning we got the rest of the presents. I had made an appointment with Special Girls Momma to come and visit at 3pm this afternoon. 

We pulled up to the old house and Special Girls Momma was standing outside talking with some people in a mini van. We waved hello and Special Girls Momma told us Special Girl was in the van and was heading out to do some homework with a friend. I think Special Girl was to bashful to meet us.

Special Girls Momma lovingly welcomed us into her home. She greeted us with gifts! A Barney for Little Bit and some other little gifts she had dug out of her home. I was beyond touched. We were there to bless her and her child and she blessed our child. 

We had a wonderful visit. The family that came with us put the Christmas tree up for Special Girls Momma. We asked Special Girls Momma if she would like us to decorate it for her. She said that Special Girl loved decorating the tree so we left if there ready for her.

Hubs is a computer dude so he got the wireless internet up and running lickity split. He also helped Special Girls Momma with a little computer task while he was at it. How I love that Hubs of mine. It blessed me through and through to see him serve Special Girls Momma. 

When we left there were lots of hugs and we all almost cried. What a fantastic way to celebrate Christmas! I asked Special Girls Momma if I could call and see how Special Girl liked her goodies. She said absolutely and I will call!

I am so very grateful to Disney for helping me to be a Champion for Kids. It was such a moving experience to mobilize and make a difference in the life of a child in my community. I highly encourage all of you to check out the mission of Champions for Kids and stay connected with them on Facebook and Twitter. You can also join Champions for Kids for a Twitter party on December 15th at 9:00 EST. I hope to see you all there! 

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All the events in this story are a part of my real life and I love sharing my blessed life with all of you! #CBias, #DisneyCFK
 

11 comments:

  1. I love that you get to meet the people you are giving gifts to. I hate just giving and not knowing if the person really even needs the things we give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the true spirit of Christmas. Not what gifts you get under the tree or can give someone else but the gift of showing love and improving someone's life just by letting them know you care.
    Merry Christmas to you Miss Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came from viewing Champions for Kids site and watched the video they had. You are doing such a good work! Our family is participating with several different organizations too. It makes Christmas so much more exciting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! So glad I found your blog through the hop. So refreshing! I just went to the Champions for Kids site myself and believe this is such a worthwise cause. Well done :-)
    http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet, it made me teary....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that amazing~she gave you a gift! :) very touching! Taking on coordinator for Angel tree, sounds like a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a beautiful person. It is so great to be able to make a difference in a child's life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You and your husband are so amazing!The fact that you were there to bless them yet they still blessed you is so amazing! Sounds like such a deserving family. Isn't this what it's all about, blessing one another!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an experience! That mother and her daughter will likely never forget what you have done for them this Christmas, and I'm sure your family will always remember this time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great that you could spend that much time with Special Girls mom! What a way so spend the holiday.

    ReplyDelete