Thursday, March 10, 2011

Today Is The Day!

Pin It
Okay it takes me a long time to get motivated to do things I HATE to do. The thing I hate most is actually a twofer. I hate dieting and I hate exercising. I hate the whole mentality. The self-deprivation, self-loathing, disappointment, and eventually failure.

Hubs made a bet with some fellas from Church about loosing weight. To be honest I have not been supportive. I have been a horrible enabler for both our bad eating habits. One thing Hubs and I are petrified of is that Little Bit will be obese. We are both obese and it is disabling is so many ways. We have to set the example.

When I was pregnant I ate fantastically. I have never taken such good care of myself. I had gestational diabetes and followed the plan pretty well. I never had to take medication because I managed it with diet.

If I could do it then why cant I eat well now? I eat when I'm lonely and sad. Being a stay at home Momma sometimes those feelings are daily, hourly, and constant. I have been forcing myself to go out more. I joined the Mommy meetup club, the Little Gym, and we went to the library today for baby story time. I also ordered an ergo baby carrier which I hope will come today.

I will tell you all the truth. Since I have been doing more I am super exhausted. I have been without exercise for so long. This was perpetuated by my partial bed rest when I was pregnant and I never got all my momentum back. I want to change that.

What I am declaring today is not that I am going on a diet. I am readjusting my life. I am going to find the joy in the everyday. I am pledging to play. I am going to take Little Bit out even if I am exhausted when we get back. Even if I miss that wonderful thing called nap time to the drive home. I am going to eat better. I am going to follow the diabetic plan and by doing that I think my calories will fall into place. I am having a life and attitude makeover but I am NOT dieting.

I offer the ever inspirational Romans 12:1-2

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Amen!

10 comments:

  1. Hi There, I found you via Thirsty Thursday blog hop and am so glad that I did.

    I absolutely love that verse! It is so inspiring. I saved it to meditate on it a little later.

    Congratulations on your new life outlook. That is the way to do it! Finding joy in every day and taking care of your body out of thanks and God.

    I have little scrabble words up in my kitchen and the one I've had for the last month or so is "renew."

    My mom is an emotional eater and out of all my problems, I am glad that is not one of them. It is extremely difficult and it is something that others can see which makes it even more difficult. She is on a forum for emotional eaters on Sparkpeople.com and she really found a lot of like minded people on it.

    I think when we are pregnant it is so black and white that what we are doing affects not only ourselves but our child. It feels easier for us to do something for someone else than for ourselves. When that child gets out of our womb, our behavior effects them JUST as much, but it isn't so clear and it's not just 9 months, but 18 years.

    Best of luck to you. If you wish, follow back at jothome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being so determined. I'm sure you can do it. Just start small, celebrate every bit of progress and don't give up :)

    Thanks for the follow, following you back now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! It is so hard at times, isn't it? I am trying this year to improve my habits. But, I needed this little reminder to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you're approaching a new lifestyle! I'll be cheering for you! Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD for you girl. This is not only a great thing for you, but for your little one, too. I'm rooting for you.

    I'm a new follower from Mom-a-Logues.
    Please stop by and enter some fabulous kid friendly giveaways.

    Dawn
    http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost my job this week and started my new life changes that day:
    Weds/Thurs Exercise, yesterday off. Exercise is difficult for me due to fibromyalgia and my weight. I use: Take Total Control with Exercise (Arthritis Foundation) gets you moving, but no jarring of the joints! Leslie Sansone, Walk Slim...I can do the mile and it is also easy. Lastly, Gaiam's Yoga Conditioning for Weigh Loss(hardest one on my knees as we don't have carpet). I push myself this week to eat breakfast and drink water. You can do this and I will walk along with you if you need encouragement! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog. Stop by a new follower, will be stopping by often. Hope you follow back.

    http://yesihaveacoupon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goal and Bible verse. Followed your twitter and fb. please follow back at

    -http://twitter.com/simplyshopsave

    -www.facebook.com/SimplyShopAndSave

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must be life changing week because James and I have decided to do the same thing. I'm starting with water, water, water. Because I know when I get enough, I feel a lot better. And then exercising is just that much easier for me. I'm scared of the same things you are. I don't want this to effect my kids later in life.

    Great verse, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to say "Don't call it a Diet". Good, you are NOT dieting! LOL Call it a lifestyle change that will give you better and more years with your little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete