I made these last week but I forgot to take pictures. They were super tasty. I thought I would share the recipe for Fun Follow Friday.
1.5 cups of sugar
.5 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
2 eggs at room temperature
2 1/3 cups of cake flour
2 tablespoons of Divine Drinking Chocolate
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
.5 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar
Of course I augmented the origional recipe somewhat. If you want to see what simply recipes recommends for ingredients click here.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Beat your butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat them until each is mixed into the batter.
3. Add the cake flour, drinking chocolate, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. After those are all mixed into the batter add the buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. P>S. if you want them to be red add 1.5 tablespoons of red food coloring. I don't do this because I don't want to feed Little Bit more food coloring than he already gets.
4. Put cupcake liners in your cupcake pan. Fill the liners 1/2 to 3/4ths of the way full. Bake for 18 minutes and check if they are done with a toothpick. If it comes out clean they are done if it has batter on it try another few minutes and test again.
5. Cool your cupcakes for one minute in the muffin tin. Then transfer them to a wire rack and allow to completely cool before you put icing on them.
6. Make the icing of your choice lather them up and enjoy!
I know it sounds entailed but these cupcakes are so worth it! If you enjoy therapeutic baking these certainly fit the bill. Happy Friday everyone :D