Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Seriously Yummy Cookies

Pin It

I have a weakness for cookies. Always have. When my birthday rolls around instead of a cake I always request a giant cookie. Today I saw a recipe for chocolate chip cookies on Vanilla Joy that intrigued me. It looked a little different than other cookie recipes I had seen so I decided to try it out.

When Nick got home I had just pulled a batch out of the oven. Of course he taste tested them. He declared them to be a success! I asked if we should replace our old cookie recipe with this one. He gave a resounding YES ;D They really are some tasty cookies. Give them a whirl if you are prepared to sit down and decimate about 24 cookies. See all the spots on the wax paper? I SHOULD send them with Nick tomorrow to take to the fellas at work but I'm not ;D Happy scarfing!

THICK AND CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
an America’s Test Kitchen recipe

2 c. + 2 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
12 T. butter, melted and cooled
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate instead. I think it tastes better)

1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.

2. Cream butter and sugar 1-2 minutes.

3. Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla 30 seconds.

4. With mixer on, add flour, baking soda, and salt 30 seconds. Add chips.

5. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment