Thursday, March 4, 2010

Something Old...

Pin It

I love vintage things. Especially those that I can re-purpose into something distinctively me. Recently I won a beautiful hankie from Fairy Filigree. Marika was generous enough to ship this lovely item internationally. Thank you so much! As a history nerd I am drawn to old things. This pretty hankie is going to become my first vintage quilt. I am making it my mission to scour yard sales, flea markets, and thrift shops for more hankies to transform into a quilt. I will post pictures as I progress but I have a feeling this one will take quite a bit of time. I highly suggest you check out Marika's blog to see what other lovelies she has up for grabs! Happy re-purposing!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! Glad this old hanky has inspired you so much. I love quilts. I still have the first one I made way back when I was still at school. But it was not hankies - just scraps of material from my sewing projects. Will be following you to find out more.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! The quilt is a lovely idea. :)

    ReplyDelete