Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Recap

Pin It
What a blessed Easter we had! We kicked off our weekend on Saturday when Hub's Momma came to visit. Little Bit had a fantastic time playing with all of Grandma's new train apps on her iPad. Grandma got to watch as Little Bit dyed his first Easter eggs! It was messy business. We tried using the whisk to avoid some of the mess but it wouldn't fit into the cups, boo! It actually worked out because Little Bit LOVED dying the eggs. We started with a spoon but the eggs were nearly severed so we went to full on hand in the dye.


On Sunday morning we woke up to see that the Easter bunny had been to visit! Little Bit pulled out each thing and investigated it. He took so much time in fact that we had to leave for church and he didn't even get to go through the whole thing.

We had a fantastic service at church. It was a blessing to watch Pastor explain the passover and the visual teaching was fantastic!

After church we headed to Nana and Pop Pop's house.What do you know? That bunny had been by their house as well!


Little Bit pooped out a few hours later. Hubs is such a great Daddy and husband that he took him home while I stayed and visited with my family. There was huge quantities of food including a brie that I made compliments of my new found French cooking classes. The rest of the kids had an Easter egg hunt. I was so sad that Little Bit couldn't be there for it but he needed some time to decompress. Here is a picture of my beautiful niece. She was feeling bad but you would never be able to tell. She has a sweet and gentle spirit. I love all of my sweet nieces. They are such a blessing.

It was such a wonderful day that was filled with numerous blessings. A fantastic celebration of our risen Lord. How was your Easter? Did you do anything fun? Did you make lots of yummy food?

9 comments:

  1. My goodness...that does sound messy, but I bet Little Bit loved it!

    The Easter Bunny stopped by our place too and hid some plastic eggs for our boys. Church was wonderful and we had a great time visiting my brother-in-law's family :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a challenge when they are young and dye eggs but just as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great way to celebrate Easter Sunday. I do hope there's this kind of celebration here too. Next year, I am planning to introduce the easter egg hunting in our family :) I'm sure our little one will enjoy it too!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as Little Bit had fun... who cares about the mess. Messes come and go.

    Oh... we love brie. I don't eat it any longer but it sure is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fantastic Easter. Thanks so much for joining the Mingle With Us Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my post ready for your blog hop tomorrw. When does it go live?

    I am out of picture space on My Journey With Candida so I started this blog to put the non candida related items on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its wonderful to have family time and enjoy the blessing before us. I love your recap photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Oue Easter was totally hectic (we have 5 munchkins!), but I hope to get pics up soon. Just started following, can't wait to check out more. :)

    Julie
    http://theprogressiveparent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete