Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lettuce and Asparagus Stew

Pin It
Something I have always wanted to do is to take a cooking class. Over the last month on Thursday evenings I have been able to mark that one off my bucket list. I am taking a French cooking class and am LOVING it. Tonight we made lots of goodies and I wanted to share the tastiest and most unusual dish with you. It is lettuce and asparagus stew. Please try it before you turn your nose up. I swear it is nom nom tasty and super easy to make.

Ingredients:

1 bunch of scallions
1 bunch of asparagus
2-3 handfuls of lettuce
1 tablespoon of fine herbs (we used tarragon)
toasted English muffins

Directions:

Trim and slice the scallions. Cut the asparagus into small pieces. Rinse the lettuce, dry and cut into strips. Melt the butter and gently stew the scallions. Add the asparagus and scatter the lettuce over. Season, cover the pan and turn heat up to medium high. Shake the pan from time to time and cook for 4-5 minutes until the lettuce melts down forming a "stew." Stir in the herbs and serve alone or on a buttered English muffin. 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh!! You were right this looks really simple and yummy :) Who would turn their nose up on it? ;-)

    I'm making this for this weekend.
    Glad to hear you enjoy the cooking class! I want to take some myself :) I'm all hungry again now! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish looks awesome. Hmm I did not turn my nose up but I am wondering what this is going to taste like. I will have to take your word for it and try this on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this looks easy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would of never thought of using lettuce to make a stew, I do really like asparagus though. MMMmm sounds yummy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh this looks yummy a la gourmet level! :) Must try!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of lettuce did you use? Taking a cooking class sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete