Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Painting With Water And A Lesson Well Learned

Pin It

Today Little Bit and I tried a new art activity. I gave him a piece of construction paper, a large paint brush, and a small cup of water. He started out painting nicely. Then he discovered what fun it was to use the brush to fling water on Momma. We both had a great time laughing and getting very wet.

The lesson here was more for Momma than Little Bit. I can devise lesson plans and wonderfully thought out activities all I want. My creative beautiful child will always think outside of my grown up parameters and make those plans go topsy turvy in my mind.

I can choose to look at these augmentations in my plans as disasters or as child directed learning. What a valuable lesson. I love lessons that end in giggles and a wet floor.

11 comments:

  1. ahhh...I love this so very much...I am in the same parenting school with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, those little guys just have their own ideas when it comes to plans, don't they? LOL! He's a cutie, by the way!

    Visiting from the Wild Wednesday Blog Hop! I'm already a follower :)

    Christina
    Spilled Milkshake

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have to be adaptable to teach little ones or you'll constantly be pulling your hair out.

    I've got to do some water painting with my little guy soon!

    Thank you for linking up to voiceBoks Christian Moms Blog Hop! We look forward to learning from other Christian moms!

    -Jennifer
    http://imitationbydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great outlook on these "learning" experiences!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...love the giggles and wet floor! Playing their way is usually a lot more fun! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great thing he is learning no matter if he is going with your lesson plan or his is that he is developing those small hand co ordinations which help him in his academics as he grows.
    Your also teaching him that learning is fun and mom is flexible.
    I loved the fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, that's adorable! i hope you were not wearing white, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up for Footloose and Fancy Free again:) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute! same here, my two-year old loves thinking and doing things differently! lol

    hi, new follower via gfc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like fun! Water games are so fun, because they're mostly harmless;) I'm a new follower from the Weekend blog hop:) Love to see you come over sometime to http://everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I saw your post over at " A Nest for All Seasons" Tripped Up Thursday blog party. Your little one is SO cute! Thank you for sharing your lesson...I think it is one to keep in mind our whole lives through.

    ReplyDelete