Monday, March 7, 2011

Hope

Pin It

About a year ago our Church started undergoing a spiritual health and healing process. We did so because there is a deep divide in our beautiful little community. We have two services. The earlier service consists or contemporary music, blue jeans, and younger folks or the young at heart. The second service is traditional hymns, dressing in your Sunday finest, and older folks or those who love a traditional service.

I go to the first service. I love the fellowship of people my age but I so miss the quiet reverence of a traditional service and the beautiful hymns that touch me in a way that no contemporary song does.

During this process we also lost our pastor. At first I was sad but now I realize it was God's will. He has started a new church and some people have left to be with him. Those people are ecstatic about their new church. I can see the flame rekindled in them. I am happy they have found their burning love for Christ and his people again.

I stayed. I hoped. I prayed. On Saturday we had a retreat at our Church. Old and young came. We all shared. With the help of moderators to lead us I think we are on the right path. I am so encouraged by the ideas and the love that I felt.

On the pastor end, a search committee has been formed. Hubs is on the committee. I am super proud of him. I know he will bring great questions and ideas to the group.

I am hopeful. Hopeful for our Church unity. Hopeful for finding a new pastor. Hopeful that Hubs and I will be forming new relationships with older people who have so much wisdom to give. I am hopeful.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

2 comments:

  1. New follower through the blog hop! Hope you can stop by - I have another hop going on at my page!

    Manic Monday Mixer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi visiting from the Seeds of Faith hop. My prayers are with your church to find a new pastor.
    I have a blog where I review books. Come visit if you like. http://sharonhenning.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete